Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh the joys of changing seasons

It's finally time to update the blog. I have gotten nasty comments from my faithful viewers (Heather :) ). So Addison has been dealing with a nasty cold for about two weeks now. She is getting better but still is congested. Of course, I held out for as long as I could, but I finally took her to the doctor today. Her ears are good, chest is good, eating good, sleeping OK. Guess what...it's a VIRUS! All of you moms let's groan on the count of 3! I knew that's what would be said, but I was feeling like a neglectful mother by not taking her in.
Ethan is such a gem with his baby sis. He just loves her to pieces. He is getting pretty bored at home anymore. Usually around 11 he is asking when his friend Matthew will be home (2:45). It gets to be a long day for him. He went to Chili's last night with Grandma & Grandpa, Amber & Matt, and came home to let us know that he ate a "plain hamgabuh." It's so hard not to laugh sometimes.
Jadyn is currently on the grounded list. She went to a sleepover on Friday at her friend Cassie's. They have been friends forever and they just moved about three houses away from us. Needless to say, they are both pretty excited! Anyway, as I was doing her hair Saturday morning, her and I clashed and she said and did a few things that got her grounded. As I was telling my lovely Aunt Cindy H. this, she reminded me that that incident sounded a lot like something I would have said many years ago. Oh well, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, does it? :)
And before I forget, which I won't because I have already heard the story 10 times, Roger finally shot a buck last night. It was an 8 pointer. Ethan got a total kick out of the entire thing and even took pics with Roger and the poor dead creature. Jadyn, on the other hand, said, "You're mean!" You can't please everybody! This has been a long time coming, though. 13 years to be exact. When he left yesterday to go out, I said, "Don't be picky!" Great job honey!





I am doing OK as well. I am just starting to read a book called, "Princess." It's a true story about a Saudi princess. It is really good so far. I had to go asking for a picture of me with Addison from my Mom. That's what happens when you are the picture taker in the household! Have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Matt & Amber said...

Jadyn's right, Roger's mean. poor bambi never had a chance. :)

Unknown said...

Listen apple not far from the tree...you can't start a blog and then take a 6 day break. It leaves us all hangin' and we want to hear your funny stories. Besides you have a newborn & your nursing so can't you type with one hand? Loved the stories about the kids. And about the deer....please don't tell me Roger has been hunting for 13 years and this is his first deer? Because if that is the case he should try cattle. Better taste, they don't move near as fast, and there are so many more. Amen?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails