Every Friday morning, I attend a women's bible study at a church in Middlebury. We often share any praises we have or any prayer concerns that are on our hearts. I chose to ask for safety in travel for Roger as he was leaving later that morning for a fishing tournament. I don't often ask for travel mercies, and I even considered not sharing because I thought it wasn't enough to ask for. (Does that make sense?) I felt a nudge, and wrote it down on our prayer sheet.
I continued my day. I had to go to Wabash Electric to finish picking out lighting fixtures, and then I went to my friend, Jackie's new house, to visit and admire their beautiful new home. As I was leaving, I checked my phone and realized that I missed a few calls and had a new voicemail.
Heading out of Jackie's driveway, I checked my voicemail, and heard Roger say,
"Hey, give me a call. I had an interesting experience on my way down to the tournament."
I didn't think too much of the comment and proceeded to call him.
Roger answered and began telling me a story that I will never forget. Not just because it was so scary, but because it was an answer to prayer...A miracle!
Apparently, while Roger was heading south on S.R. 13, just north of North Manchester, a car in the oncoming lane began swerving into the southbound lane. Roger was following a semi, and a car, and then there was a car behind him. Roger was also pulling a fold down camper. When this car entered the southbound lane, the semi had to swerve to miss it. The car hit the front right corner of the semi cab head on and began flipping and rolling in the air. Roger and the car in front of him were both trying to avoid the out of control car, when it landed about 15 feet in front of Roger's vehicle. Amazingly enough, he was able to swerve quickly enough, and keep his senses in check, that he was able to avoid this car. Thankfully, no other vehicles were in the northbound lane, no one was hurt (including the kid driving the smashed up car who was high as a kite on some drug), and everyone had been paying close enough attention that they could react appropriately in this situation.
Some may call this a coincidence, I call it a miracle. A few short hours after my prayer request, it had been granted! Amazing!
These two verses really spoke to me in our bible study last week, especially after this experience. I hope they speak to you as well!
Ephesians 3:20 - Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.
Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
6 comments:
oh my goodness, oh my goodness! i had chills as i read your story! i am so thankful with you that Roger wasn't hurt! I think you are right it was an act of God that no one was injured! And what a blessing that you were able to be part of that by praying for him!
Kim, that is so neat! God is so good and I love how he speaks to us through the Spirit as he did to you that morning. What a great testimony of his love for us! Great Post!!!
Hugs,
Stacey
Oh Kim, it's just amazing to me how awesome God is. It truly was an answer to your prayers. I firmly believe in miracles. The power of prayer is amazing!
After our scare and subsequent miracle with Jaden I found myself in a place where I didn't feel my other prayers were "worthy" because God had already granted me SO MUCH with Jaden's health. I quickly learned that God is not like that...each and every prayer is worthy to Him. I am so glad you wrote that prayer request down at your class.
I am so happy for you and your family.
God is good.
Hi Kim! I really enjoy reading your blog and I think I linked to it from Heathers! I am thanking God also for your awesome miracle! I am so thankful he is the same God today as back in bible times when there were lots of miracles!
I think God speaks to us in so many ways and so often we think it's too insignificant to speak about....but you know...over the years when someone comes to mind or a situation I will just pray about it! I think God brings these to our minds when there is a need and we need to heed to the spirits nudging and do what is necessary, whether it be a visit or a prayer or whatever! God is good! PTL
Kim, What an awesome post. I have been enjoying this Beth Moore study that we are taking....it is so cool. I have chills from the story about Roger's near accident. Praise God for this miracle, and how He prompted you to have our Bible study pray for him.
Post a Comment