Monday, January 5, 2009

Where I have been...

Besides endless family Christmases over the past two weeks, where has this usually faithful blogger been? I'll tell you where. With my nose in a book! Make that 4 books!

I started reading the Twilight series after Thanksgiving, and became so addicted that reading took over my blogging time! I literally could not put the books down.

So let me catch you up since it has been so long since we have talked...

  • The family has been to 4 Christmas celebrations: my Dad's family, our family, my family, and Roger's family.
  • Our new house has been insulated
  • Ready for sheet rock tomorrow
  • The deck was put on the back of the house
  • Addison's tube surgery is tomorrow bright and early at 6:30 AM!
  • I went to see Twilight, the movie, with our nephew Nathan, who also read the series.
  • Checked Facebook a few times, in between my marathon reading sessions
  • Took Addison to her 18 month check up, and all is well. She is average size for her age.
  • And did I mention that we moved...AGAIN!!!!

You did not mis-hear me. We moved. We really enjoyed living at the lake, but the kids were missing being close to family and friends and frankly they call it a summer house for a reason. Definitely used a lot of blankets while living there! Roger and I were so lucky to have such wonderful family that allowed us the use of their home. Now more family has extended permission for us to live in their home for the winter. Thanks Grandma B.!

So the last few weeks have been with fewer blankets, but with more adjusting and putting away. All is well, though. The end is definitely in sight, so things are looking up.

That's all for now. Say a quick prayer for Addison if you don't mind. I am sure everything will be fine, but still. It's surgery.

Thanks!

Until next time...

6 comments:

Amber said...

haha love the header picture of addison "hiding" - she's such a trip.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for tubes!!! She will be really start talking now that she can hear!!! Love it! We need another talker in your family!

Unknown said...

AMAZING New picture on your blog. I love it! So cute!!!

I'll be praying for Addison tomorrow. Plan on me bringing you supper for tomorrow night. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you to help out.

Now let's try to keep a better balance between reading and blogging this week....o.k.? :)

Katy said...

hey..i took that picture of Addison! but it's very cute I have to say! :)

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Hope Addison is doing well!!!

Lisa said...

I hope that everything goes well for Addison! She is such a cutie!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails