Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quilt Gardens

Today, I took my mother-in-law and kids on the Middlebury section of the Quilt Gardens Tour. This is the second year of the tour and I really wanted to visit each of the gardens last year, but never got it done. So, today was the perfect day.

Of course my kids were grumbling...

"Why do we have to go see flowers?"
"Do we have to?"
"I don't want to go."
You catch my drift. Anyway, we had so much fun. They were able to walk around and through the quilt gardens. They smelled the flowers, and admired the colors and how they arranged them to make a "picture". It was a really good time.
Jadyn and I decided that we would take a Saturday sometime this summer and visit all of them! I can't wait to do this with my girl.
Here are some pictures from our day...

Our first stop...Krider Garden




My little man...Ethan

My babe (who will be two on the 29th)
Addison

My oldest...Jadyn



Stop #2...Essenhaus





Stop #3...Meadow Brook Farm
My friend Kori and her husband bought this house and they make it more beautiful all the time. Now they add this "agri-garden" to the property.
So pretty!



My dreadful attempt at taking a picture of a very active, almost-two year old.

Then my little poser...
We had such a great time today. If you haven't visited the quilt gardens, please do! They really are very beautiful!
P.S. I don't know what is wrong with my camera. It has an overexposure line on the side that keeps showing up. Don't know...


3 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the pictures! What a great idea to do ... right "in our own backyard"!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great! I'll have to go check out the gardens...I've been wanting to do that!

Unknown said...

Man...we gotta do it too! Maybe Cindy and Sarah will pick me up. :) Looks like fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails