Friday, September 25, 2009

It's What's Cookin' Thursday...on Friday

I didn't have time to post this yesterday, because my day went like this...

9:30 Left for our church to meet with two other youth sponsors. Our goal: organize!

11:45 Left the church, ran through Taco Bell with Addison

12:15 Addison laid down for a nap

12:30 Our builder's handyman came over to fix a few things...neverending.

2:00 Picked Ethan up at school, had to wake Addison up from her nap (not fun)

3:25 Took the kids to Addison's first Two Cute Ballet class, didn't go so well.

4:20 Returned home

5:00 Dropped Jadyn off at her Tap class, then took the other kids home.

5:45 Picked Jadyn up

6:00 Dinner in shifts, but it was YUMMY!

6:30 Left to help my friend Crystal clean her new house that they are moving into this weekend.

8:30 returned home to watch Grey's Anatomy premier...Thank goodness for DVR!!!


Italian Beef Sandwiches

2-3 lb. roast (whatever size fits your family)
32 oz. beef broth
1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
Salt or Garlic Salt to taste
1 Jar of Pepperoncini

Place roast in a crockpot with beef broth, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Cook on low overnight. In the morning, add de-stemmed pepperoncini (as many as you like), and juice from the jar of Pepperoncini (as much as you like).
I also shred the beef in the morning, then throughout the day taste test, and add salt as needed. I don't add too many pepperoncini, or too much juice because my kids aren't a huge fan of spicy. I add just enough to give it some kick (maybe 5 or 6 and a small amount of juice). Cook for the rest of the day until dinnertime. Then serve on rolls or buns!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Whew! What a day for you! Glad you could end it with good shows. This recipe looks yummy! I will be trying it soon!

Unknown said...

That day makes me tired just reading about it....now I gotta go take a nap. The supper sounds great!

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

Busy, busy day! Thanks for sharing the recipe, it sounds delicious!

Stopped by from SITS.

Amber said...

yeah! I've been wanting this recipe! Sorry you had a busy day and Addison didn't do so hot. Maybe next week? MAYBE you should let her wear the boa. That would definitely help.

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

that meal sounds awesome!!! I'm trying it this week!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails