Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lack of discipline?

Ok...I know I am not the only one. But do you ever feel like no matter how you discipline your child, either they don't care or it just doesn't work or make an impact. If not, then stop reading...you are the epitome of a perfect parent. ;) Some of you know what I mean. We have times with our two oldest, where it feels like no matter what we do, they are going to be punished over and over again for the same thing every time. Why does this happen? I don't know, but I have begun a new form of discipline that I actually enjoy. Sound scary? It is. I am officially turning into my mother.

When I was a kid, several times our punishment was having to clean windows, hold hands, or something else clever.

Well, my kids are now cleaners. After a very naughty evening on Sunday, they chose their own cleaning punishment. Jadyn chose bathrooms (why?) and windows, Ethan chose cleaning up the living room and sweeping. Enjoy my pictures and remember they chose their punishment. They even liked it. I have a feeling though, after the third or fourth time of cleaning the toilets, I may begin hearing gagging sounds or some grumbling. But for now, I am enjoying hearing, "What else can I clean?", and "I'm not taking a shower in there...I just cleaned it!". Ah, the memories!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Kim....I used to wonder the same thing about you kids, but something must have stuck because you're remembering all the right things! It must have made some impression and you must've known what you disliked the most! I Love you and you turned out wonderful! They're just kids and that's how they act! They're sweet kids and have this wonderful way of getting your attention!

Anonymous said...

Hang on to them for a few more years and then you can finally communicate to them.....

Matt & Amber said...

pure evil. I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kim, I just wish I could relate. My 3 are perfect angels. They never get in trouble and always obey. I wonder where YOU went wrong. Okay, so in a perfect world that would be great but unfortuanately for us, we live in a FAR from perfect world. My mom used to tell me "not to wish away my days because before I know it I'll want these days back." Blah, blah, blah. Whether or not she's right, I don't know. Anyway, love the discipline idea. Later, Crystal

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails