Sunday, May 18, 2008

Almost as good


Don't ask me why, but yesterday I was in the mood to bake. I also happened to have buttermilk on hand. So I got ambitious and whipped up the first batch of rolls by 8 AM. After watching them not rise for several hours, I dumped them in the trash can. But I would not be defeated! I made a second batch in the afternoon. And boy did they rise! My mom makes these rolls for us and I have never been able to master them. She just has this sixth sense about making them and they are always yummy! Well, this time, I could have given her a run for her money! And I quote Jadyn, "The tops are better than grandma's, and the bottoms are almost as good." That's enough to make me keep trying right there! Don't ask me why the tops might be better, maybe I added a little more butter, cinnamon sugar, and brown sugar, I don't know. Mine sure didn't look as nice. I didn't keep them as nicely round as Mom does, but the taste came close! If you want the recipe, you will need to vote on the side of my blog! You can only vote once, so be honest! If I get ten votes for yes, then I'll post it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Kim!! You Win!! those rolls look so good!

guess what! only 2 1/2 more weeks until the baby comes or when my due date is at least!!! :) crazy..isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Secret family recipe Kim.....don't post it! Blog hog, remember? Love you

Unknown said...

Give me the recipe Kim and a pan of Cinnamon rolls. Mmmmm, they look so yummy!!!!

Amber said...

PS - I mastered them the FIRST time I made them... in high school! Bwahahahahaha I WIN!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
Those look great!! :) Jamie just got me started on this blog thing! Maybe someday soon I will have my own blog, but until then I will keep up with yours. This is so much fun! How old is Addison now? I know that we were pregnant at the same time, just wondered how close the kids are in age. Hope to keep in touch. My email: ckwisefamily@comcast.net
Krissy (Miller) Wise

Kim said...

So Amber is that the last time you made them?

Anonymous said...

HEY!! I remember those Cinnamon Rolls from college!! We use to wait until everyone was asleep and then eat them so we didn't have to share them!!!! They were GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Jamie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails