Monday evening Roger left for a fishing trip until Saturday. Pick up your jaws, I know you are all shocked...... So I get to be a single Mommy this week. I don't love when he is gone, it is much harder around the house. But I do have to say that I am very thankful for many things so I decided to list them.
- I get to be a stay at home mommy
- Roger provides for us and loves us tremendously
- He calls every night to check in when he is gone
- I have a great family
- I have a babysitter that loves my kids and wants to have them around, when I don't :)
- I am in an awesome bible study!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I have great friends that I can call just to chat and catch up with
- At the end of the day, I can just sit and relax knowing that all three kids are sound asleep
- My children have good friends
- I have a stack of books waiting on me to read
- My kids are healthy
- My house is always a mess because my kids are there to make a mess of things :)
- I know there is a plan for my life
- I am saved
- My kids want to know more about God and we talk
- I can go out to lunch with my siblings and we have fun (that's a big switch!) :)
- My husband loves me...........
etc., etc., etc...................... I could keep going because it makes me feel good!
So what are you thankful for?
6 comments:
After last week I am VERY thankful for the health of my children!
What a cool post Kim. We should all make a thankful list.
I am very thankful for alot of the same things you wrote about. Another one is to be living in the United States. We have so much to be thankful for living here....just having options for health care, shoot to even have health insurance is a thing to be very grateful for.
We are so blessed aren't we???
I am thankful and blessed to have a wonderful WIFE! and great kids!
I would LOVE to look through your stuff! I just found out I'm going to be in 1st next year. I'll be home a lot this summer, let me know and I can swing by and take some of it off your hands :) Your kids are getting so big! They're too cute :)
What a great idea to count your blessings!
Sometimes we forget what we really have! Just watching the TV w/all the natural disasters that are going on is enough to make you count your many blessings!
I know you kids drove me crazy sometimes, but you do forget all the craziness and look back on it and realize when you're a Grandma that it really wasn't a big deal! Just hang on for the ride because it doesn't really last all that long! They will be out of your hands before you know it and living their lives as adults. So teach them everything you want them to soak in and when it's time for you to let them go to spread their wings and fly - you will know in your heart that you have done almost everything you could to point their lives in the right direction, but in the end, they will make their choices and will need to live w/those choices. Some choices may not make you very proud, but you still love them!
I'm sitting here in our empty condo in Fla. thinking of the pitter-patter of little feet and the echoes of Addison when she woke up in the morning and it brings tears to my eyes, because it doesn't seem that long ago that you children were that age and I thought I'd never get anything done again.....now here it is 20 - 30 yrs. later and I hear Grandchildren calling me....where has the time gone? Life is short.....enjoy the moments!!! Live, laugh, & love like their is no tomorrow! Do something silly today! Definitely learn to laugh w/your kids and act like them sometimes....that will make them laugh! Roger does a good job w/that one! I just remember how they giggled at him when he was opening his b-day gifts and was acting crazy and the kids had tears from laughing so hard! Love you
I'm thankful for a neice who I got to babysit for, and then watched her become a wonderful wife, mother, and woman of God! And also a good friend of mine!
Post a Comment