Hi all! So I haven't posted for a few days, we have been so incredibly busy!
Yesterday was Jadyn's 9th birthday, which we missed, but she got her ears pierced with her Aunt Amber! She was pretty excited and has two presents coming all the way from Down Under to look forward to.
We traveled to Melbourne today and are staying at the Crown Towers. Seriously, it looks like a cruise ship when you walk in! It is by far the most amazing, beautiful, over the top hotel I have ever seen!
Because it is late, I am cutting it short but here is a quick story.
We are staying on the 30th floor, and when we were going down the elevator for dinner this evening,
the elevator stopped on 29...
and in walked...
KENNY ROGERS!
Ok, so I am not a fan, but come on...a famous person.
And literally I was dumbstruck.
No one else knew it was him but me.
I smiled, he smiled back.
I looked away, I looked back.
I smiled.
I thought, "Did he have plastic surgery done?"
When the elevator stopped on the Ground floor, he said in his very Kenny Rogers voice...
"After you."
Wow, an encounter with a celebrity. Very exciting!
And now after it is done, I wish I would have said...
"Wanna sing Islands in the Stream? I'll be Dolly!" :)
7 comments:
Oh Kim that's hillarious!I can just picture that!
So I had a similar experience in Gatlandburg TN. We were out hiking and I am positive I met up with Martin Short. He smiled and said hi and after I passed him I thought that was Martin Short!
I guess I could've asked him if I could be one of the 3 Amegio's:)
Sounds like you are having a fabulous time!
What a great story Kim, How fun is that??? It would have been so funny if you would've sang with him. And seriously didn't you have your camera on you???
haha you're funny! Glad to see you're still having a good time without me :)
did you shake hands with him?! like it says on your list??
www.kennyrogers.com says... Kenny's next performance will be at Palais Theatre in Melbourne, VIC, Australia on Oct 28th at 09:00 PM.
Go back to Melbourne and check it out!! :) haha
uhhh Amber we are in melbourne. Check your itinerary. And yes Katy, I thought about it, but I was so unsure of what to do, I couldn't bring up the words to ask. So I just acted like an idiot smiling.
how the heck am I supposed to keep track of you people on the other side of the world when i can't even keep track of myself half the time. SHEESH I have a baby so leave me alone! :) LOVE YOU! Ok fine, get your butts moving around Melbourne and go see him! Better?
Post a Comment