Thursday, November 6, 2008

Catching up...

We made it home safe and sound late Tuesday night. Now is the time to catch up on some sorely missed sleep. We had 38 hours of travel, leaving at noon Tuesday in New Zealand and arriving in Chicago around 7 or 8 pm on Tuesday. I can't remember. Regardless, as you can see Tuesday was an incredibly long day.

It was fun catching up with the kids, they of course woke up and stayed up until midnight when they settled down again. They had to show us their card tricks they learned, the new moves for dance, and fill us in on the fun times. We didn't get Addison until yesterday morning. She definitely did not forget us though, which I had myself completely convinced of. Lots of hugs and kisses all around. And I just can't get enough of her pudgy little arms and legs, although she has stretched out lately.

Reality has definitely hit though. When we left on our trip, Addison had recently recovered from an ear infection, and a bad cough. She still had some congestion when we left, but seemed to be getting better. Our sitter called while we were gone saying that she was improving. But yesterday when we picked her up, she still had a bit of a cough. Well, this morning her runny nose had turned green, so I quick called the doc and was there an hour later. My wee one has a double ear infection! Poor thing...

Reality has hit hard! :)

I truly am glad to be home though, reality and all. It feels like the big events are past and now the next big event will be moving next spring. Can't wait!

Pics to come soon, but for now Addison is asleep and the house is a mess, so a cleaning I go~

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear Addison isn't feeling well! LOVE the pics of your trip! Keep 'em coming!

Unknown said...

So good to hear from you Kim. I was wondering how you've been, getting just a little worried if you'd ever make it home. Or if you would want to come home? :)

Glad your safe....can't wait for pictures.

Cindy said...

Hope tou do a "bat" blog. :) Sorry to find humor at your expense ...creepy!

Cindy said...

Sorry about those typos! Left hand is slow to learn~

Amber said...

are you caught up yet enough to blog again? :) hahaha it's almost like I have room to talk...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails