Thursday, January 8, 2009

New & yummy recipes!

Since we have begun the building project, and Addison has become such a handful, I have tried much harder to make dinner at home, rather than going out. Eating out is just not an enjoyable experience for us right now in our lives. I also love to cook with a slow cooker, but my problem is the planning ahead. This week, I was organized and prepared for a few slow cooker meals. I got these two recipes from the Fix it and Forget it Cookbook. I added several other ingredients to the stew because I thought they sounded good. And let me tell you, I think it was definitely for the better! I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we did!

"Absent Cook" Stew

2 lbs. stewing beef, cubed
2-3 carrots, sliced (didn't have, but would be good)
1 onion, chopped (I used minced)
3 large potatoes, cubed
3 ribs celery, sliced
10 3/4 oz. can tomato soup
1 soup can water (I put in 2 more cups)
1 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
2 Tbs. vinegar (Could use a little less)
I also added:
worcestershire sauce (maybe 1-2 tsp.)
beef bouillion cubes (3 or 4)
garlic powder (1 tsp.?)
If it tastes too salty, just add a little more water.

Combine all the ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 10-12 hrs. (I cooked on high for 6 hrs., and low until dinner time.

Roger absolutely loved this! He thought it was one of my best meals ever! I hope you enjoy it too!

Chicken Delcious

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
lemon juice
salt to taste
pepper to taste
celery salt to taste
paprika to taste
10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
10 3/4 oz. can cream of celery soup
1/3 c. dry sherry, or white wine (I used sherry)
grated parmesan cheese

Season chicken with lemon juice , salt, pepper, celery salt, and paprika. Place in slow cooker. Combine soups with sherry. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hrs. Serve over rice. Yum-O!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your recipes sound good...in fact I came home today and got a stew going in the crockpot and it is now cooling down and we will eat it on another day! I made the chicken-wild rice salad for dinner tonight! yummy!

Stacey said...

Thanks Kim! We are in the SAME boat, eating out right now is CRAZY! I need to get better at planning ahead. I will try these recipes!

Jessi said...

Kim,
I enjoy your recipes so much...in fact I have a roast in the crock pot as I speak, getting it ready for your yummy stew for dinner tonight. I have been praying for Addison. It is not fun when the kiddos are sick. Thank you for the Recipes!!=)

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Ohhhh...the delicious chicken sounds awesome! I'll have to try that one!

Cindy said...

Thank you Oh So Much! It's only January and I'm already in the "what am I going to make on this cold night" mood! I can't wait to make both!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try them!! I know the one you had in the crock pot the day I was there smelled...VERY DELISH. Good idea.

Cindy said...

Made the stew - YUM!

If you post any museum pics I'm not looking at 'em, cuz you took them illegally! :) (according to H)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails