Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Home Tour

Welcome to our home!!!
This is our first Christmas in our home, and it has been exciting to decorate for the first time.


So come on in, take your coat and shoes off, and stay a while...


You can set your keys or purse here, if you want.


Don't forget to shut the door behind you!

The Dining Room hutch leaves a great space down below for decorating with my Christmas garland and boxes.

Now join me in the Great Room. We will start a nice fire,

check out more decorations,
(This big Santa used to hang on our front door at our old house, but that doesn't work here, so this is a good alternative!)


(love this nativity)

and admire the tree.
Between our Great Room and Kitchen you pass my Butler's Pantry. I set out this church from one of my villages that I collect. I love how the stained glass glows at night!
You will also pass by our Powder Room. I found this really cute soap dispenser with blue crystals on snowflakes. I love it! And then there were a few hand towels to match.
The kitchen is next...

decorations on the hood

another nativity at Mama's Command Central area (aka my desk)

and where I hide my secret stash of mint M & M's. Now you know!
The family room, where most of our family time occurs.


I got this great tree from my mom, and then had been admiring these ornaments at Target. They went on sale a few weeks ago, and I snagged them up. Love them!
One of my favorite snowmen! A lady from our church makes these with old sweaters and buttons that she finds at Goodwill!
I love to set him out every year.
This has got to be my favorites. I call him my elfish Santa. He is just so stinking cute and his beard is just so soft.


Off of our family room we have a second entrance for our back door guests. You know what they say!!! So those special guests deserve a decorated entrance as well!
I placed my card tree on the door going out to the garage. Not sure if I will do this again, my family gets a little agressive shutting the door sometimes, and the cards go flying!
I hope you enjoyed your Christmas Home Tour! Come back again, and enjoy the real snow that I got a picture of!




7 comments:

Amber Filkins said...

OH my gosh!! Your home is SOOOO lovely Kimm!! I remember when you got it last year. But I don't remember seeing a ton of pictures of it. Your entrance?? Oh my gosh, amazing! And I totally want to see more pictures of your butler's pantry. And well, all of it actually!! :) Everything looks so lovely. Great decorating!

Leanne said...

Your decorations are beautiful. Isn't it so fun to decorate a new home? Thanks for sharing your home.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tour of your beautiful home....you did a GREAT job in the planning and your color choices!
You're brave putting those cards on the back door....lol
Everything looks so festive.....I LOVE Christmas and the reason we celebrate it! Love you all!

Amber said...

NICE work Kim! PS - where did you get your elfish santa - I love him and I may kidnap him and hold him ransom... forever. :) With love of course.

Looks great Kim! This inspired me to take the scarecrow off my front porch!

Cindy said...

Very nice Kim! It will be fun for you adding new things at least for the next 10 years! (you can tell Roger I said so)

Unknown said...

Hurray! I made the card tree!!! I see my little card on there. :) Now...Hmmmm??? Where's my card from the Huffmans? Tee hee.

Love the decorations Kim...You have such a knack for decorating!!!

Jenna said...

Kim- Your home is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails